The BBT-9 is used to remove and install external bearing crankset bottom brackets. One end of the BBT-9 securely engages the 16 notches of bottom bracket cups. The other end of the tool engages the 8 internal splines of the crank arm adjustment cap on Shimano® Hollowtech II® systems. The BBT-9 fits cups and lockrings with 16 external notches and an outside diameter of approximately 44mm.
- Fits 16-notch tool fittings with a major diameter (outside of notches) of 44–45 mm and a minor diameter (inside of notches) of 42.7 mm, including:
- Shimano® BB80, BB5700, XT® BB70, BB51, and previous external bearing threaded cups
- Threaded bottom bracket cups from Campagnolo®, Chris King®, FSA® MegaExo®, Hope™, SRAM®/Truvativ® GXP®, Race Face® X-type, Surly®, Wheels®, Fulcrum®, and others
- 16-notch disc brake rotor lockrings
- 16-notch Bafang® BBSH, BBS02 mid-drive motor lockrings
- Fits 8-point tool fittings on Shimano® Hollowtech II® crank arm caps
- Equivalent to Shimano® TL-FC16 or TL-FC18 tool