The 54 Aerodynamicist Carbon Disc benefits from the further trickle-down effect of Luisa Grappone's Aerodynamicist rim profiles, as first seen on the 48 Limitless Aero Disc. The rim used is the same as in the 54 UD Carbon Spoke Disc, but paired with conventional steel spokes.
Aerodynamicist 29mm-wide rim, exclusively engineered and wind tunnel tested by Luisa Grappone, HUNT Engineering Manager, featuring a hooked & ETRTO-compliant tubeless-ready rim, designed for full clincher & tubeless tyre compatibility.
As most of you will already know, we design our wheels to take a pretty impressive amount of hammering under all sorts of conditions. Whether you're hitting out at your local crit or road race, or taking the long way home on the paths less travelled, you can do so with the confidence that you're rolling on hoops designed to take the lot in their stride.
Accordingly, we now offer free lifetime crash replacement for the first owners of these wheels.
WANT TO ADD TIRES?
All of our wheels come tubeless ready and are also designed to work excellently with clincher tires and tubes.
Maximum tire pressure for this rim is 100psi when used with 25-28mm tires. Maximum tire pressures for other tire sizes: 30mm - 32mm do not exceed 70psi, 33mm do not exceed 50psi, 35-45mm do not exceed 45psi, 45-50mm do not exceed 40psi. 100psi is more than enough for any rider on road. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tire.
AERODYNAMICIST PERFORMANCE, NOW ACCESSIBLE
- Rims | Aerodynamicist disc-specific rim profiles, designed from the ground up. Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre with a stronger ratio of T800 (T40) fibres to achieve greater strength-to-weight ratio. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas. Tubeless-ready for lower weight, rolling resistance and better puncture protection.
- Tires | 20mm rim bed optimised for superior aerodynamic performance with a 25-28c tubeless tire, but also very capable with a 23c. Tubeless-Ready. Also works excellently with clincher tires and tubes.
- Hubs | Sprint straight-pull hubs, with a 15mm diameter 7075-T6 axle. Circular dropout interface steps for added stiffness. 3x treble tooth pawls resulting in just 7.5˚ engagement. Steel spline insert to protect the cassette body.
- Axles | Easily adaptable & we fit them for you. Fit all current axle sizes and are easy to change; Front - QR, Bolt thru 12/9mm, Rear - QR, Bolt thru 12x142, 12x135, 10x135.
- Included | Tubeless tape & valves, axle adapters (please fill in the simple form after checkout to select your required size).
- Weight | 1524g
Please note: If you require a 6 bolt adaptor you can purchase separately.